Cakes from Friday, September 16, 2011
My sweet nephew, turned 9, and I got to make his 'dirt bike cake. We had looked at cakes a few months ago and he showed me what he wanted. Dirt bike w/ waterfall and rocks and such. Well when it came to yesterday, I couldn't 'feel' the cake that I was supposed to do! There was something about the cake, I didn't like. So I hoped and prayed he would be ok with me doing something a bit different than we had talked about! He told me when he seen it, he liked it better than the other one we had looked at! (if he didn't, he sure was nice about it LOL ) I love being able to bake my neice and nephews cakes! This nephew also gave me the biggest compliment on his sisters cake in June. I Do better than the store ;) That means alot coming from your nephew! Cake was double 10 inch on bottom. Vanilla cake with bavarian cream filling. Top is same flavor in 8 inch. Glob of icing on top covered with crushed oreos. Fondant accents.
The other cake was for a bridal shower. Excuse the table, I didn't get another picture of it w/o other cakes around!! Gumpaste bra and panty with buttercream polka dots (made ahead about 2 days before). Bag is vanilla cake w/buttercream filling. Fondant 'tissue paper' and stripes and handle. The cake is 9x13 cut in half and stacked.
hey girl!! that cake is so precious.. it looks very familiar to.. :) lol love the new site!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cakes!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blogging!